Thursday, June 21, 2018

Question about Personality Type

I was recently asked what Agnes' personality type might be according to the Myers Briggs test.  Let me start by saying that these tests are only as good as the answers you give when you take them. I personally think it would be more accurate if there was a choice for someone who is all over the map. Trust me if there were Agnes would be on it somewhere. Agnes was a chameleon actually. Her personality depended on the situation she was in.  She claimed to be conservative and was a registered Republican but she had masses of gay male friends who adored her and she adored them. I remember reading or hearing somewhere that she had a gay friend who would often come to stay in Beverly Hills and they had conversations at all hours of the night in various states of undress. Not a prude by any standard, however, she was constantly on about God, the Bible, the way the world was going to pot, drugs, sex and the list goes on. She was an enigma.

My best guess about the Myers Briggs type is that she was an INTP.
Seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. Theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction. Quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable. Have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest. Skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical.


1 comment:

VirgoLady63 said...

I think people are too quick to try and sum up other people. I myself never cared for labels and whatnot- how can anyone fit precisely into a particular ‘box’? She was a beautiful, brilliantly guarded person who was whoever she chose to be at any given moment. 😊

Post a Comment