While I'm working on the information about Jack Lee I decided to do this post to give you a first hand peak into Agnes' life in 1935. I mentioned before about her being a roommate of the singer Peg LaCentra. Here's an excerpt from a newspaper article on Peg and it specifically mentions a night out with her roommate, Agnes Moorehead.
July 1, 1935
Orchids and Peanuts: A Radio Star's Story
By Betty Goodwin
" Some other girls are the rose-type, others get gardenias or violets but Peg seems to suggest orchids. At least that's what her beaux usually send her......He's SO thoughtful-picked JUST what she wanted-she's going to put them on immediately.
And she does. She pins the corsage , meant for an evening of dancing, on the lapel of her tailored suit...jams a felt sports hat on top of her curls and grabs roommate Agnes Moorehead by the arm. "What's at the Zeigfield?" she asks "How about a steak first? Shall we call Mary? I'll leave a note for George and tell him I just couldn't make it. It's too much nuisance getting dressed." And the evening ends with Peg and a spur of the moment crowd sitting in the balcony of the neighborhood movie. They always take along bags full of gum and peanuts, hiss at the villain and stomp their feet for the hero."
- ► 2013 (18)
- ► 2012 (26)
- Mr. Agnes Moorehead
- The Mysterious Mr. Lee
- The Last Words Of A Woman On A Mission
- The Body of It All
- Orchids and Peanuts
- Next Week
- Reposting of: The Other Moorehead Girl
- Just In Case You Would Like To Know
- For Those of You Reading These
- The Question Left Unanswered
- New York, New York, New York
- The Muskingum Years
- Going Back, Way Back, To The Beginning
- The Swinging Sixties Agnes Style
- The Gist of the Matter or What's the Matter With R...
- I Lead A Conservative Sort of Life
- ▼ June (16)