Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just In Case You Would Like To Know

I know many, many people have begun reading this blog and you will never know how much I appreciate it.  I'm thrilled to pieces that people are so interested in this wonderful woman.  Just so you will know who or rather what the person who wrote these looks like I'm posting a picture here with a wee tiny bio.

My name is Tamela.  I've worked in theatre for about 30 years and have been the technical director for a small college for the last 12 years.  I design sets, lights, costumes, sound and run the box office.  I have an extended degree in technical theatre and was priveledged to have my work on the stage of the Kennedy Center as part of the American College Theatre Festival in 1995.  I was born in a small town in southwestern Pennsylvania and grew up in Maryland.  I graduated from Northern Arizona University.  I was for a time the Assistant Technical Director for the 1500 seat Ardrey Auditorium there as well as the 300 seat Ashurst Auditorium.  Agnes is an 8th cousin to me via the Humphrey family.  I've spent my whole life in awe of this woman and doubly in awe of being related to her.  These are my tribute to Agnes, the woman who inspired me to do what I do for a living.  I hope you enjoy them.

6 comments:

marienoreene said...

hi tamela... that spider brooch you wear is it the brooch that agnes' auctioned... i think i saw that before?

Tamela said...

It is.

marienoreene said...

wow...

dreamofjeanie said...

Finally Finally Finally got a GOOGLE ACCOUNT just so I could be here with you and Agnes.

Unknown said...

I love your blog!!

Tamela said...

Thanks so much! I love writing it and am so glad that folks are enjoying it!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive